In men, Premature Ejaculation happens when sperm leaves the body (ejaculates) earlier than desired during intercourse. Premature ejaculation is a common sexual complaint.
Premature Ejaculation may be diagnosed if you
- Always or nearly always ejaculate within 1 to 3 minutes of penetration
- Are not able to delay ejaculation during sex all or nearly all the time
- Feel distressed and frustrated, and tend to avoid sexual intimacy as a result Symptoms of Premature Ejaculation
Premature ejaculation is typically classified as either lifelong or acquired.
- Lifelong (primary) PE indicates you've had this experience continuously or practically continuously since your first sexual encounter.
- Acquired (secondary) PE occurs when you have had longer-lasting ejaculations but have developed PE.
Primary or lifelong PE, the most chronic form of PE, is defined medically by the presence of the following features:
- Ejaculation invariably, or nearly always, occurs before sexual penetration, or within a minute of penetration.
- There is an inability to delay ejaculation every time, or nearly every time, penetration occurs.
- Negative personal repercussions such as distress and frustration, as well as avoidance of sexual intimacy, occur.
Physical ejaculatory events come first, followed by psychological symptoms. Secondary symptoms include:
- Diminished relationship confidence
- Interpersonal difficulty
- Mental distress
- Depression Diagnosis
There is no diagnostic test for premature ejaculation. Your doctor will inquire about your sexual history as well as the circumstances surrounding the premature ejaculation.
- Some antidepressants seem to help delay ejaculation.
- Medicines used to treat erectile dysfunction may also help prevent premature ejaculation.
- Anesthetic creams can also be used to prevent premature ejaculation.
- For some people, simply wearing a condom can help delay ejaculation because it may make the penis slightly less sensitive.
Make an appointment right away for consultation on issues related to sexology.
Call With Doctor