Urology is a surgical specialty that focuses on treatment of diseases of the male and female urinary system along with treatment of the male reproductive system. With the advancement of medical technologies, minimally invasive surgery also known as laparoscopic or keyhole surgery has recently been developed in the field of urologic surgery.
The surgeon is able to perform minimally invasive surgery for a variety of urologic diseases and problems by using a small telescope with built-in magnification mechanism and a variety of long, thin surgical instruments placed through small incisions (each of which is usually no larger than a dime in size).
Urologists treat common conditions that affect everyone and some that affect only men or only women. Some of these conditions include:
- Frequent urinary tract infections.
- Inability to control urination (urinary incontinence).
- Blood in the urine (hematuria).
- Conditions of the male reproductive system including benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH or enlarged prostate).
- Interstitial cystitis (painful bladder).
- Cancers of the bladder, kidneys and prostate.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED).
- Kidney stones.
- Pelvic organ prolapse.
- Congenital urinary tract issues
What are the benefits of laparoscopic urology procedures?
- Minimal blood loss and postoperative complications
- No big incisions
- No scarring
- Drastically reduced hospital stay
- Improved clarity and accuracy
- Complete removal of cancerous tissues with minimal recurrence
- Faster recovery
Connect with us right away if you have urological disease which needs surgery and we'll help you get in touch with the best Laproscopic urologist in Delhi and NCR .
The most advanced Laproscopic treatments are available at southdelhiurologyclinic. Make an appointment right away for consultation with Dr Atul Jain.
Call With Doctor