Botox in bladder
If you're considering treatment for certain bladder issues, your doctor may recommend Botox. Botox is a prescription medication that can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Overactive bladder (OAB) symptoms in adults
- Urinary incontinence in adults with detrusor overactivity linked to a neurological condition such as multiple sclerosis (MS) or a spinal cord injury
- Detrusor overactivity linked to a neurological condition in children ages 5 and older Symptoms of bladder problems include:
- A sudden urge to urinate
- Frequent urination
- Interrupted sleep because of nocturia
- Urinary incontinence Treatment
Botox injections into the bladder are a well-known treatment for overactive bladder and urgency incontinence, including urgency incontinence caused by neurological disease.
If you have symptoms of overactive bladder (OAB) or detrusor overactivity, your bladder muscles will spasm involuntarily (without your control). Botox is injected into the detrusor muscle (your primary bladder muscle) to block nerve signals. This aids in muscle contraction control.
Make an appointment right away for consultation on your urological issue.
Call With Doctor